Beersbee Volley Day
Beersbee Volley Day is a one-day volleyball tourney and beersbee tourney taking place simultaneously at the same park in one big party. Both tourneys feature teams of two. The volley tourney features both games of 4s and games of 2s. The beersbee tourney stays in 2s, rotating against different foes in a fun round robin format. What is beersbee, you ask? It’s a fantastic lawn game featuring teams of two, a frisbee, a couple poles and a couple empty duct-taped bottles. The bottles sit atop the poles and are the targets of the frisbee tosses. Each team stands behind its pole and has to catch the opposing team’s frisbee tosses- and if the frisbee hits the pole or bottle- catch the bottle as well. Points are scored when either the frisbee or the bottle hits the ground. If the frisbee strikes the bottle/pole but the defensive team catches both the frisbee and the bottle, no points are scored. However, the defensive team can only use one hand/person, no two-handed catches allowed. Focus, agility, excitement, teamwork. Beautiful game. And works well alongside a volley tourney!
Beersbee Volley Day details:
- Date for the next BVD is TBD
- Observatory Park in Denver (map)
- Both tourneys are teams of two
- You can sign up for either the beersbee tourney or the volley tourney
- Team uniforms strongly encouraged
- Both pairs of champs will drink from the Champions Cup
- Cost: $30/team or $15/individual, beverages included
- You can sign up as a team or as an individual looking to join a team
- Questions? Don’t hesitate to ask: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration is first come first serve, so hop on board quickly before we fill up!