The 1st annual summer season of 6PS Pickleball is underway!
The first 15 years of Six Pack Sports were glorious fun. But they had one glaring omission in that there was no pickleball. That changes now. 6PS Pickleball made its triumphant debut this summer, with a Wed night league June-Aug on the 3 outdoor courts (and the bar that overlooks them) at the Sport Stable in Superior. Whether you’re an experienced pickleball star or you’ve never played before, you’re invited to join our fun-first league! We play “teams” of two (or more, but two playing at a time)- but to make it social, engaging and competively-balanced, your “team” plays your first game together each Wed night, then you and your partner switch partners with your foes for the next game and again for the next game, so you get the opportunity to play with and against heaps of other fun folks. The next week, your team will do this with another team, and so on every week. At the end of the regular season, we seed everyone based on total wins for a fun playoffs. In addition to the fun element of competing, we’ll help you learn the game and improve over the course of the season. Game times are either 6:30 or 7:30pm each Wed night- each team plays one hour of pickling each Wed- and we encourage you to come early if you play later or stay late if you play early so you can socialize with your fellow picklers and cheer on the other action. Furthermore, we’ll be getting special pricing deals from Eatery- the adjacent bar/restaurant that overlooks the courts- providing low-cost food & drink options to sweeten your pickleball social hours. We’re hopeful for a long and joyful partnership with Sport Stable and Eatery for years to come!
2023 Pickleball details:
- 10 Wednesday evenings of pickleball: June 14th – Aug 23rd (with a bye week on July 5th)
- Game times will either be 6:30 or 7:30pm each week
- Sport Stable in Superior (right off Rte 36: map)
- Teams of 2 (coed or not coed) playing at a time, but rosters can be 3-4 so you have subs. If you have 3 on your roster and all 3 of you can make it each night, you can rotate around between games. The more social the better.
- Team uniforms strongly encouraged
- One hour of pickleball each Wed night
- Court reservations, paddles, balls all provided for you, just bring yourself
- Cost: $200/team or $100/individual
- You can sign up as a team or as an individual looking to join a team
- Registration is first come first serve, so hop on board quickly before we fill up!
Registration for the 2023 summer season is now full.